Hello, Welcome to My Page
The things that you feel most deeply, from the very bottom of your heart, will never deceive you in the slightest. — Genzaburo Yoshino, How Do You Live?
Hello there, glad to have you here. My name is Nino. I’m a Philosophy Major, and I’m passionate about sharing how philosophy improves our life.
Philosophy has a bad rap for being useless and impractical. But this couldn’t be more false. The reason why most people see it that way is because of its reputation. Archaic, subjective, and speculative.
I would, however, disagree. When approached properly, it can help us think and act accordingly. It’s crucial to engage in philosophical discussions because it seeks answers to fundamental questions like:
- Why are we here?
- What is our purpose in life?
- How do we determine what’s good?
- How do we know when something is true or not?
- How do we ought to live?
Rather than outline the history of philosophy or write about the ideas of philosophers, I will write about concrete issues and address them philosophically instead. In this way, I can show its practical implications and prove that it helps us think better.
Philosophy often intertwines with other disciplines like Theology, Politics, and Education. You can expect my articles to be a mixture of these topics.
If you’re interested in understanding how philosophy benefits our lives, please feel free to engage with me, read my pieces and share your comments. I would be happy to have a discussion. Please remember to be kind and respectful with your comments.
I only started writing in Medium last February 2021, and to date, I only have a few writings. Nonetheless, I hope to publish engaging and thought-provoking essays consistently.
Besides philosophy, I write about personal thoughts on books, films, and articles. How they affected me and what lessons I can share with others.
I also run a Medium publication called Anime Thoughts where I share my thoughts and feelings on anime I watched. I love watching anime because it generally talks about life, existence, and pursuing what’s important. I enjoy dissecting its themes and messages, and that’s what I write about in my publication.
If you’re also into anime, please feel free to check it out. Anime, as an art form, is diverse and multi-faceted. Its story elements are bound to have multiple interpretations and meanings. I hope we can connect and relate through these things.
Let’s build a circle, and who knows? We might establish a big community in the long run.
Here are the links to my published writings. This will be regularly updated.
- Seven Pieces of Advice For Aspiring Philosophy Majors
- Why You Should Stop Believing Everything Is Relative
- Why Science Needs Philosophy
- How To Prepare For Life’s End
- Three Reasons We Elect Bad Politicians
- Should We Let Transwomen Use Female Restrooms?
- How Science and Philosophy Complement the Truth
- Finding Beauty In Brokenness
- What Makes An Art?
- Why Scientism Is Wrong
- How Philosophy Leads To A Fulfilling Life
- How To Think Better: Three Lessons From the Liberal Arts
Psychology, Self-Improvement & Life Lessons
- Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Give Advice According To Psychology
- Why Trauma Doesn’t Exist According To Adlerian Psychology
- Three Ways To Validate Someone’s Ideas Without Offending Them
- Three Science-Backed Ways To Master A Skill
- When To Trust Your Intuition And When Not To
- How To Regain Motivation To Do Difficult Things
- Why You Shouldn’t Obsess Over Expensive Items
I hope you enjoy reading my work and learn something new from it. Always remember to be kind to everyone. Take care!